Friday, March 30, 2007

Oh the places you'll go!

An interesting thing about becoming a parent is that despite the crazy rate at which this happens every day, there is really no guidebook. Although a quick internet search would probably prove me wrong, I'm trying to wrap my head around what is happening right now that will flip our life upside down and bring us a baby. Are two young people getting into something above their head....has our child already been conceived...is he/she gowing arms/legs/hair today...is mom taking care of her health. Essentialy, it renders us helpless and incapable of influence...and probably right where God wants us...completely dependent on Him.
I think this is going to be one of those posts I warned you about.....
Somehow Dr. Seuss know's where we are at;
"You will come to a place where the streets are not marked.
Some windows are lighted. But mostly they’re darked.
A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin!
Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in?
How much can you lose? How much can you win?"

I think if I see another stroller my head is going to explode. I found myself asking how many positions the backrest had in a dimly lit, musty, distribution warehouse on Thursday night. Two weeks ago I wouldn't have been able to tell you the difference between a bjorn and a stoller.

Until next time...Kid you're already moving mountains.
Grant

No comments: