Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Almost 30...

Tomorrow is the big day...I turn 30!! This milestone is surrounded by mixed emotions - Do you have a "life plan" for yourself? My life-plan used to include getting married by 25 (check) and having a baby by 30 - I thought for so long I would be a mom by 30, but the whole 3 years of unsuccesfully trying to get pregnant, confirmed infertility and delayed adoption is like rubbing salt into a very deep wound. I'm trying not to get too down about it all because I have so many things in my life to be thankful for - by the age of 30 I met and married a wonderful man; I am surrounded by loving and caring family, friends and colleagues; I am connected to a fantastic church community; I own a home; I have a career & job that I love; I have a very friendly and snuggly cat (my very own fur-kid); there are so many blessings in my life that I am very thankful for...there's just one more little thing that would help my 30's seem complete...to be a mommy.

Still haven't heard from our adoption recruitment worker about PRIDE training starting tomorrow - Grant & I haven't made dinner plans for my birthday yet b/c we are both really, really, really hoping and praying a spot opens up for us last minute and we'll receive a call tomorrow telling us to show up for the training, now, wouldn't take make the best birthday gift ever!!!!

No comments: