Sunday, July 15, 2007

Babysitting is great practice!

Grant & I babysat our 10-month-old Goddaughter overnight on Friday. We were both looking forward to spending time with her and taking the parenting test-drive!

She taught us many things during her short stay with us. First, she brought us back to eating meals at the table instead of in front of the TV and enjoying that time together.



She showed us the flawless team Grant & I make - mastering a quick two-person diaper change to tag-teaming at the dinner table.

I think my favourite lesson she taught me was - Grant is going to make a fantastically wonderful dad one day (I sorta already knew this)!! I sat outside the nursery when Grant was putting her down for the night and listened to him interacting with her and I was smiling from ear to ear.



When she woke in the middle of the night, Grant was the first to run to her...I actually had to tell him, I'll get up the next time...remember, I said I would go this time...

Parenting is going to be amazing and I can't wait for our day to finally arrive!!

No comments: